With the induction of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), there is an increased emphasis on the integration of medical care with mental health care. Specifically, much of this integration burden has fallen on the primary care provider, increasing the knowledge needed to treat various conditions, including mental illnesses like addiction, without providing the necessary educational background. By providing education around addiction considerations by experts, primary care providers can be empowered with the knowledge of how to identify, treat, and/or refer appropriate patients, which will not only improve the delivery of care, but will also improve health outcomes.
Activities in this series are hosted on Purdue’s site:
- Opioid Use Disorder - Current State of the Problem
- Opioid Use Disorder - Regulatory Measures and Prescribing Guidelines to Combat Prescription Drug Abuse
- Opioid Use Disorder - Needle Exchange
- Opioid Use Disorder - INSPECT Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- Opioid Use Disorder - Chronic Pain and Addiction
- Opioid Use Disorder - Neurobiology of Substance Use Disorder
- Opioid Use Disorder – Pharmacotherapy of Substance Use Disorder
- Opioid Use Disorder – Psychotherapies of Substance Use Disorder
Click this link to register for these informative, educational activities.